Chip Chip Ltd provide play area safety surfaces. All of our play area surfaces are fully certified in accordance with British Standards. Our product is produced only from virgin timber (Spruce, Pine, Larch) and contains no waste wood in the production process.
Our wood chipping process means that the end product is free of dusty material and oversized and dangerous particles.
Every play area is different. If you have large climbing frames, Critical fall height must be considered when making your choice. If not, the choice will come down to aesthetics, cost and utility. RoSPA recommend 300mm depth minimum for public play areas, and 150mm for domestic. However these figures should also balanced against the products performance when high standing play equipment is in use.
We are competitively priced on both large loose loads of up to 100m3 articulated lorry loads as well as 1m3 bagged loads so a lot of it comes down to whether you need a bulk load of your play chip or just a few cubic metres.
Why Chip Chip Playchip?
Used by families, councils and commercial play areas across England and Wales, Chip Chips Playchip, produced using only virgin pine, provides an attractive, easy-to-maintain and above all safe play area that guarantees a soft landing for your little ones.
As decorative as it is safe, our pine Playchip lasts far longer than other barks and mulches, thanks to its clean, easy-to-drain and frost resistant properties. In fact, with annual raking, this chip will retain its colour and integrity for years to come!
We currently supply bulk loads of pine play chip to councils throughout the UK. To see why, take a look at the benefits of this superb play surface.
Playchip : The Benefits
- Easy to rake thanks to its ‘dry’ properties when delivered
- Decorative chip is an attractive alternative to synthetic play surfaces
- The chip suppresses weed growth, reducing play area maintenance needs
- Retains soil moisture and protects plant roots – helping your plants stay healthy while your children stay safe
- Granular chip is proven to cushion impacts and reduce injury
- Self-levelling, providing a safe surface even as the chip is disrupted during play
- 100% organic, providing a pleasant aroma and colour
- Playchip will not stain clothes
- Suitable for domestic and commercial use
- BS EN 1177 Play Certificate
- Playchip produced using only Spruce, Pine and Larch species
- No waste wood - Guaranteed
- Minimal dust and fines – one of the cleanest surfaces around
- No oversized and dangerous pieces
For the best possible safety benefits, we recommend that commercial play areas have pine play bark to a depth of 300mm. For domestic use, the depth can be reduced to 150mm without compromising your children's safety.
Please see Rospa website here; http://www.rospa.com/play-safety/advice/